Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One Week Old



Landry Beth is One Week Old Today! She is healthy and happy. She likes to nurse and sleep and look around for brief periods. She dislikes being put down. She is already developing an adorable double chin and chubby cheeks.
************************************

This morning William asked to hold her. She started crying after she got into his arms. I reached to get her back, thinking that William wouldn't want to hold a screaming infant. He blocked my arms and asked me to hand him a binky and a blanket. He then gave her the pacifier and rocked her gently until she fell asleep. After that he just kept holding her while he watched his cartoons. I was amazed. I hope he continues to be this patient and loving with her.


Ammie, Julie, and cousins Daylan and Kaiden came to visit today. We went out for a great lunch and took the boys to Up in Jacks (an giant inflatable games place). Everyone had a great time!
Note the bow...I wasn't sure how I felt about bows until I had this sweet baby girl and realized that a big bow on top of all that black hair is precious. Who knew I'd be a bow-head mom!?!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lora said...

William is already such a great big brother!

Aunt Debby said...

are you kidding...William's shoes match his outfits, I knew you would be a bow-head Mom!!!
She looks beautiful, one week already, wow.

Mary Ann "Ammie" said...

It was a precious day that I wouldn't trade for anything!!

Much love,
Ammie

Gail said...

That story of Will is just the most adorable thing I have heard! Too sweet!!!!

The bow is cute!

Mindi Tipps said...

What a sweet story of William! Glad you are all doing well.

Julia said...

I felt the same way about "bow-heads"!!! I was NOT going to be one of "those" moms. And then I had two little girls and all those thoughts changed! Landry is just precious. I am so glad so many prayers have been answered with a healthy little girl!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order