Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Help!!

Calling all moms, dads, doctors, nurses, and other caring individuals...
William has had cold-like symptoms for well over a month. He has had a cough in the evenings and early morning for about two and a half weeks. The doctor said allergies. The doctor has to be wrong. He has been on allergy and asthma meds for over a week and the cough is worse, his voice sounds hoarse, and his nose is still a little runny. It is now keeping him from taking naps and keeping him up at night. It is the worst when he is lying down, but he has coughing spurts throughout the day that sound awful. It is a pretty dry and hoarse sounding cough. I don't know what to do. I am about to try a different doctor and see if we can get a different opinion. I have been using cough medicine, humidifier, and honey (which actually works the best) to get him through the night. Any tips? A preggo mommy and no naps or sleeping at night don't mix well.

P.S. While I am complaining, would you like to know how well potty-training is going? It has been an off and on experience for the past six months that reached a new low on Sunday when I was making the grocery list. William came over, took the pen, and "wrote" diapers on the list while saying it out loud. He is NOT interested in always going on the potty. He will do it about 50% of the time. He has also gone and put a diaper on himself when I left him naked one day and he decided he was finished with the potty for the afternoon. Tons of fun ;-)

4 comments:

Gail said...

Haley - I was going to suggest honey to help withthe coughing...but you are already doing that. I am so sorry - he is sick and you are certainly at no point in your pregnancy to have the energy for that. I wish I had more advise. I do remember Dr. G telling us to let Kegan be in the room while the shower is running at night to kind-of loosen up the stuff a bit...but that is almost the same as a humidifier. There is also good old faithful vitamin c - if he likes oj...give him some of that, it keeps liquids in him and gives him the vitamin. I hope he starts getting better soon.

Jenn said...

Haley,
We use this stuff called Super Silver. You can get it from the health food store here. We give it Had and Isaac as soon as their nose starts to run! Try that. Also I don't know who your Dr. is, but when we ABSOLUTELY have to go to the Dr. we go to Dr. Perryman. She is really great about giving a proper diagnosis.

Haley said...

Thanks Y'all!
Jenn, I almost called Perryman today. I already got an appt. with Dulaney in Fredericksburg, but Perryman will be next on my list. We are going to get this figured out.

Jenn said...

Oh, I think Dulaney is good too! Hope he gets to feeling better!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order