Monday, January 19, 2009

out of excuses...

When William started school, I put potty training on hold. I figured I shouldn't do that to his teachers or to him during a time of transition. During my morning sickness I put potty training on hold...I needed that toilet for barfing, not for a two-year old to sit on all day. Over the holidays, I put potty training on hold. I didn't want to train him while running through an airport to catch a connection. In the past few weeks, I have admitted that I am just plain lazy. I have NO desire to pull over for potty breaks or dash to the restroom in every store and restaurant. So today when William stripped and asked to go potty, I admitted that it was time. He then adamantly refused to be put back in a diaper and demanded Elmo underwear. That is the reason he is currently taking a nap with a diaper over his Elmo underwear. I was not going to wash sheets today. So here we are. Accident free and child led potty training...will it continue this smoothly? Not a chance! The part I feel really bad about is that when my parents read this post, it will click in their minds that they are keeping this precious potty-training boy for five days next week. Yikes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had already kinda decided to potty train him when he came to visit(!)

Anonymous said...

oh, like they've never gone through potty training! :)

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order