Monday, January 12, 2009

ONLY 168 days to go...

That is what the ticker at the top of this blog says. It is as if it is taunting me..."ONLY"...as if 168 days happen in the blink of an eye. When I was pregnant with William I read every pregnancy book known to mankind, I sat and fretted about all the disturbing illnesses that they listed in great detail and spoke about as if they happen to every woman, I checked the "pictures in the womb" book weekly to see just what he looked like, I began to worry when I quit throwing up because I couldn't feel him yet and that was my one real sign that I was truly pregnant, I spent hours imagining what he would be like, and I wrote all the possible names down a million times. It just isn't the same the second time around. I read one book before choosing a midwife over doctor. I am pretty darn tired of puking and would pay good money to be finished with the morning sickness part of this pregnancy. I want to know right now if this baby is a boy or a girl and I really have no patience for going to see my midwife this week knowing full well that it will be another month until we get to find out. I keep losing weight and I am not sure if I am secretly happy about this or worried like my midwife. I am tired of my clothes not fitting correctly. I am too small for my maternity clothes, but the waist on all my normal pants makes me want to barf and gives a nice mushroom top look. Don't get me wrong. I am very excited, I just seem to have no patience. I am praying that the fantastic feelings of the second trimester (energy, happiness, excitement) hit me soon, really, really soon.

0 comments:

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order