Last weekend Steve and Karen came for a visit. We took the opportunity to go hiking at Lost Maples State Natural Area along with half the people in the state of Texas. It is supposed to be the best fall foliage year in five years, so we had to see what the fuss was about. The park is beautiful, but very very popular. There were cars lined up a mile and about 100 people in line at the ranger station when we arrived. We bypassed the cars because we were coming from a different direction than all of them and had a right turn and then we bypassed the line with our state park pass. The trail we hiked was not too packed. I read the sign wrong and thought we were starting out on a .8 of a mile trail. About two hours in I asked everyone else what they had read and I was informed that the sign had in fact said 4.8 miles. Somehow we survived and had a blast - two year old and all. Here is a slideshow.
8 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment