Last night William had an upset stomach. By five this morning he was vomiting, just a little bit, but enough to ruin the bedding wherever he was. By the end, we were all in the guest bed with the few pillows that were still safe. I went and rented him two movies early this morning and we hung around the house until he felt better. I already had an appointment to get a cheap (JC Penney) picture of him in his Halloween costume, so we headed into San Antonio. That went well, except that I forgot part of his costume, but the pictures were cute. After the pictures, we went to the park to ride the train by the zoo (because we all know that William is obsessed with all forms of transportation). We had a great time. After the train I had the brilliant idea to stop for frozen yogurt. The events of this morning never crossed my mind until William started pulling up his shirt to show me his aching stomach about twenty minutes later. He wanted me to kiss it, but that is hard in San Antonio traffic when mommy is strapped in the front. Maybe I should have crawled back there and kissed his poor tummy, because within minutes we were in the Target parking lot and William was projectile vomiting all over the place. His clothes, car seat, and everything else that was nearby was pretty disgusting. Chad stripped William and put him in clothes we had in the trunk while I attempted to clean the carseat. Fortunately Target carries an abundance of towels and wipes, so we made it home in one slightly stinky piece. Now I'm waiting for the nine million components of his Britax (notoriously wonderful, but hard to put together) carseat to dry and wondering if it will ever be the same.
P.S. After we left the train, William pointed to a city bus and asked to ride it. It was hard to explain to him that the buses didn't really do fifteen minute trips around the park for kids.
10 months ago







2 comments:
Marymae just got over the barfs and the rippidity-get-whiz (diarrhea). She barfed all over her carseat too--not once, but twice--both times on our way to San Antonio! She diarrheaed (is that a word?) in her sleep all in her bed, too. Don't ya' love it? She's better now. Then, Allen got it. Luckily, he can usually make it to the bathroom.
Poor kid (and parents)! I'm not looking forward to Aubrey's 1st vomiting session!
Post a Comment