Thursday, August 7, 2008

So Smart

I know I brag about Will alot, so let me preface this by saying that I recognize that all children are brilliant and amazing, but I only live with this child so you only get to hear his stories :)
Today we got in the car to get groceries and this conversation took place:
W - I want ball (unna ball)
Me - What kind of ball?
W - A Yellow Ball (yewow ball)
Me - Where are we going to get a yellow ball?
W - Ma ma
Me - I'm mama and I don't have a yellow ball
W - No, Wa Ma-T (he accentuated the t for emphasis)
Me - Wal Mart?
W - Yep (which actually comes out 'yek' because he says k for p's)
Okay, maybe this isn't impressive for those of you with older kids, but I was pretty impressed that he knew where to go get a ball, so I went to Wal-Mart instead of H.E.B. and bought him a can of yellow tennis balls - Of course.
On the way home (after stopping at Sonic Happy Hour for Diet Coke and an Apple Juice Slush) we passed our friends the Fitch's house. Mind you that there house - while amazingly adorable and rock - looks like many of the hundred year old homes in Kerrville and we don't normally drive by it unless we are going over there to visit. Will immediately said, "Dee's House" and "Dee's Truck." Dean is our friend's name. I was impressed that he caught that as I drove by. I know that I am constantly underestimating him, but he is constantly blowing me away with his intelligence.

3 comments:

Lora said...

He is smart! I'm impressed. :o)

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

Just so you know I am copying you and changing my background too! I love sonic happy hour. I usually purchase the large (and in charge) Dr. Pepper.

Mindi Tipps said...

Baby genius! =)


Love the new blog look!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order