Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

The fourth of July is serious business in the Warner Family. It is something that Chad and I try to never miss. This year we headed up after church on Wednesday night so we would be there all day Thursday and Friday before coming home on Saturday. We have to do the neighborhood parade every year. We all go to great extremes to make sure we are the best decorated family. We make the news almost every year, William has made it every year. That evening the Warners and Millers (Chad's aunt and uncle) host a cookout. Then we all go to Chad's dad and Karen's house to watch fireworks. This has become one of the highlights of our year. We love spending time with everyone and all of the red, white, and blue. The first year I went and saw all of the kids decorated bikes parked in front of a large grassy area full of people serving homemade ice cream, I teared up. This is the most All American event I have ever witnessed. I think the pictures speak for themselves, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood what a big deal this is for us.

The Scout - This was its' best year yet.

Baby Natalie (Chad's cousin's daughter)

Will refusing to wear the Uncle Sam hat, Chad unfortunately not refusing to wear the doo-rag

Mimi K and PawPaw

Waiting for the parade to start (we got bumped to the front because of Steve's superior decorating) Can you tell that Chad's uncle owns the dealership that sells scooters, mules, four-wheelers, etc? We have plenty to play with.






William in the 2007 Parade







William in the 2006 Parade (due in a month and a half)



2 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

Wow, you guys DO go all out for the 4th of July! It seems like a really special time! I laughed when I read your comment about Chad's doo-rag. =)

Gail said...

I thought about y'all on the 4th and wondered if y'all had made your annual trip for the parade. I am glad to see y'all did - and it looks like y'all had a blast! William will love doing this as he grows up.

Gail and Kegan

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order