Thursday, June 26, 2008

Longest Post EVER

Okay, here is my attempt to highlight some of our past week. This is a long one!

We left for Camp Bandina the day before Father's Day. Chad stayed in a cabin with the oldest boys and I stayed in the director's cabin with the director and his family and two of the other guys in charge. It was super nice. William and I had our own bathroom and bedroom and there was a kitchen. We did lots of swimming in the Medina River. William practiced splashing, kicking, floating, going under, and floating in a life jacket. At one point he walked straight into the river without a life jacket until he couldn't stand anymore. I had to go in after him.
Will loved hanging out with the Fike's kids. I loved hanging out with their mommy, Tonya.
Chad practiced feeding someone a donut from a rubber band. This was an activity he used later with the kids, but Will was happy to be his guinea pig.






On the last full day of camp, my parents came and picked me and Will up and took us to the booming metropolis of Lampases, TX to celebrate the upcoming arrival of the newest second-cousin in the Cooper Clan (Leslie's baby shower). Two of my cousins are pregnant. Leslie will have Eden in August and Shelley will have Trip in late August or early September. William loved being at the Cooper Ranch. They have an A.T.V., horses, goats, dogs, and my cousin Phyllis' baby Cooper. Those things might be Will's favorite things on earth. William loved playing with his second cousin Truman. Truman is about six weeks older than Will.
I have lived my entire life visiting this ranch where my father was raised and suddenly on this trip I realized the amazing views that the land has. It is literally on top of a large plateau.










On Tuesday when things slowed down a little, Chad and I took Will to Up 'N Jacks. It is a place filled with those giant inflatable games. Will LOVES it. It was my first time there, but of course Will and his super fun daddy have gone before.












0 comments:

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order