Monday, June 2, 2008

genius joker

Chad and Will found this mask at Chad's mom's house. It was Chad's when he was a child. Will thinks it is the funniest thing on earth. He loves to put it on for people and see their reactions. So today a plumber was at our house (for the second time in four days) and he was curled up under the kitchen sink. I was distracted by two crazy women on Dr. Phil when I noticed Will wasn't in the room with me anymore. I looked in the kitchen and William was standing about three feet behind the plumber with this mask on silently and patiently waiting for him to turn around. The plumber finally did and he just chuckled at Will (he has gotten to know us pretty well in the past few days).
Later we were playing outside and Will was trying to bring this chain of links to the top of his playset. I was worried he was going to trip on it and apparently he was too. He made it about one step up and then he stopped, looked at the chain, and hooked it around his neck to climb the rest of the way. To some of you, this is not a big deal. The former teacher / current mommy in me was thrilled that my little genius had just solved that problem so quickly and efficiently.



Then he hammed it up for the camera.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

hey lady i'm back! http://rocksteadymelanie.blogspot.com/

Mindi Tipps said...

I gotta say, the mask is kind of scary. But I love how he waited to see the plumber's reaction. Cute story!

Lora said...

He's so cute- and such a problem solver! I can only imagine what was going through the plumber's mind when he turned around and saw Will standing there waiting for a reaction! :-)

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order