Monday, May 5, 2008

drumroll please...



Those of you that follow this blog might be wondering about the swingset (if you have absolutely nothing else to think about during your day). Well, it is here. Last Friday night I started to freak out a little. I was worried that we might be taking our son to a serial killer's house who didn't even have a swingset to sell us, so I googled the guys name. Turns out he is a C.P.A. in San Antonio, so I felt a little better. I felt alot better as we pulled into the man's gated community and were stopped by the security guard to tell him where we were headed. We rented a U-Haul for a mere $24 and loaded the whole swingset onto it with very little difficulty. The man we bought it from was very close to our age and had bought the house about a year ago. Since he and his wife did not have any children, they decided to sell the swingset on craigslist.com (which kicks ebay's hiney - I say things like 'hiney' now that I am a mom - as opposed to when I was a second grade teacher;). Anyways - all went well until we got home. We took the swingset apart as little as possible so the whole tower had to be lifted off the trailer by Chad and myself. This resulted in some mega bruises on my back and leg. Later, Chad left me to hold up the monkey bar portion of the swingset. When it began to fall, I caught it with my face to keep it from hitting William. By the end of the day, the tower was stuck outside our fence (too heavy to lift over) and I was pretty banged up. William didn't mind - he was playing on it the whole time we were putting it together. Last night our friend Dean came over and helped us lift the tower over the fence. This morning Chad finished assembling it. We love it! Of course I documented all of this in pictures. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVE the swing set. You got a great deal!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order