When I was little I couldn't ever finish coloring a page that had a huge sky or large grassy area because I would get bored with using one color of crayon. That is why I change things on my blog...I get bored. It would be impractical to change the color of my house that often, so this is my outlet.
Last weekend we went for a second interview at Fredericksburg Church of Christ for the Youth Minister job. Most of you didn't know about the first interview, but both went well. Fredericksburg is a tourist town about thirty minutes east of Kerrville. We wouldn't have to move because the cost of homes is so high that they can't afford to pay us enough to cover that, but an apartment should come with the offer. We will use it as a second home (fancy, fancy) and for youth events. We have heard good rumors, but should know something official by the end of the week. Chad will keep his job at the recovery center (very part time) in order to get the counseling hours for his marriage and family therapy degree (and because it is an awesome learning experience). We are just praying that it all comes together. It will be a huge blessing to be back in full time ministry.
We are gearing up for a Christmas full of traveling. If all goes as planned we will travel to Abilene, we will return to Kerrville, Chad will work 40 hours, I will go to Corpus with Will, we will go to San Antonio together, we will then head to College Station and finally we will speed back to Kerrville where Chad will work another 40 hours. This will all take place in an eleven day span. If you have never heard Chad's work schedule, he does 40 hrs in a three day period. It is pretty hectic, but he gets to spend a good solid amount of time with the kids he works with and we get him back for a few solid days after it.
We hope that your holidays are going well.
8 months ago







2 comments:
I hope that things work out well for you guys in Fredericksburg! Mat and I love driving out there every once in a while to shop and eat. :) I also like the new look for the blog and the new pictures on the left side of the page! We can't wait to see you guys!!
We can't wait to see y'all. That would be so much fun to meet up in Fredericksburg. Have fun at school. (I loved this time of year at with my kids).
Post a Comment