Saturday, March 26, 2011

Elliette Kay is Two Months Old


Elliette Kay turned two months old on March 23!
She is precious and chubby and sweet. She looks at me with the most adoring eyes and the most beautiful smile. She started smiling pretty consistently by 6 weeks and this week she started to make a noise along with her smiles that is close to laughing. It is heart-melting.
Elliette is 12.4 pounds and 23 inches long. That puts her in the 75th percentile.
Ellie enjoys pedicures.....
Yes, that is Landry with a pumice stone exfoliating Ellie's foot.

Ellie is by far the most vocal of my babies. She coos and imitates sounds way more than Will or Landry ever did at this age. She also does her best to stay the center of attention. She will cry like she is in pain and then the minute I pick her up, she is fine and will sit happily and watch everyone.

Ellie likes baths, but she doesn't like us fussing with her to get her clothes off and then back on.

William is still in love with her and holds her all the time. He has to show every person we meet that he can hold her while he is standing up.

Landry is rough with the baby. Landry has no concept of gentle. Landry likes to kiss her and pat her and rock her, but imagine each of those things to the extreme. Basically she likes to eat her, hit her, and nearly rock her out of her bouncer. Needless to say, we NEVER leave Ellie unattended when Landry is around. Landry also worries when Ellie cries. She tells me, "Mommy, baby I.E. need eat boo boo." Which translates to, "Mommy, baby Ellie needs to eat boobies."A Kiss
Sweet Elliette sleeps from about eleven to six now (most nights). She nurses every three hours on the dot during the day (she is more accurate than any clock). I just feed whenever my babies are hungry, but I am hoping that she will get to the point where she goes a little longer than three hours. I am so glad that God surprised us with this perfect little angel. I can't imagine life without her.

1 comments:

Lora said...

Elliette is precious! Love the BIG kiss from big sister!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order