Sunday, January 9, 2011

11 Days to Go

****PREGNANCY UPDATE (i.e. long and boring post)****
Baby Elliette is due to arrive in 11 days, but they will let her bake until February, so who knows when she will actually get here! Everything looks good so far.
I have had way more sonograms with this pregnancy than any other.
I had one extra to screen her kidneys (they were a little immature in an early sono, but fine later on).
Then I had another to confirm she was breech.
Then I saw a chiropractor to try to help flip her - and before you judge that decision, let me explain.... the chiropractor does not touch the baby, she merely uses a method of stretching the round ligaments (around my stomach) and adjusting the hips and pelvis so that the baby has the room to flip. I thought this was a far less intrusive option that jumping straight to a c-section. After two chiropractor visits (which I loved and highly recommend for pregnant women and totally wish I had done with my other pregnancies), I had another sonogram to confirm that she had indeed flipped.
Then at the last visit she was so low that they couldn't feel her head and were worried she was breech again which meant I got another sonogram! This one showed that she is just so far down that they were unable to feel her head.
Needless to say, I feel very confident that she is doing well and has plenty of amniotic fluid. It is pretty reassuring to get to see her all the time!
She appears to be smaller than my other babies, which is great for delivery, but a little worrisome for making sure I get to the hospital (an hour away) on time.
I think I am the ONLY person not worried about going in to labor and making it to the hospital. I'm not worried because there is a hospital five minutes from my house and an e.r. half way to my hospital - both of which would be options in an emergency.
This pregnancy has been very different from the others. I feel like I have been pregnant FOREVER, but it has been easy. I have not been swelling and I love being pregnant in the winter. This is so much easier than the 30 day heat wave I lived through with Landry. I don't sleep much. Bathroom breaks and heartburn occupy most of my night. I even lay awake worrying about things like Landry not having a big sister shirt (some of you might think I'm kidding).
Needless to say, I'm ready for her to arrive, but I will be fine if she takes her sweet time. I think it would be cool to have her on Tuesday, 1-11-11, but I also wouldn't mind if she stayed put 'til February and shared my birthday month.
*****UPDATE*****
I bought a "Big Sister" shirt for Landry so we can all get some sleep tonight!

2 comments:

Love Aunt Debby said...

I think you should do this many updates on your blog every week - or every other day :)

Haley said...

It's my version of nesting!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order