Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm sorry that I have been such an awful blogger lately. I'll try to play catch up over the next few days.
A few weeks ago I loaded up both kids and drove all the way to Fort Stockton, Texas. Chad's grandparents live there. We went with two of Chad's aunts, three cousins, and one second-cousin. Chad had to stay and work all week and we really, really missed him.
Our first day trip from Fort Stockton was to Balmorhea. It is a beautiful, huge spring fed pool with fish swimming around. Everyone thought the water would be too cold for Landry....we were wrong. She loved it and I "swam" with both kids clinging to me the whole time. It was a neat experience.

William adores Chad's cousins Holt and Hunter (remember our little ring bearers). They are so patient and sweet to William. William has to do everything they do. He fixed his hair like theirs for church on Wednesday night and we had to go buy black ankle socks as soon as we got home, because that is what they wear.
On Thursday we got up early and headed to Monahans Sandhills State Park. Chad's aunt Jeannie and cousin Lora were kind enough to keep Landry with Lora's baby Levi. We were expecting 100 degree weather and scorching sand. We got cloudy cool weather and perfect sand. It was probably one of the best days all summer to go sand sledding and surfing.
Holt was so sweet that he would let William ride down the giant dune and then he would go pick him and the board up and bring them both back to the top.
Having spent years as a youth ministers wife, I can tell you that these boys are special. There are not many 13 year olds who would be so good to an almost four year old.Levi and Landry spent most of their time vying for food and toys. Soon they will be best buds.
We had a great time and it was such a blessing to spend time with family.

0 comments:

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order