Friday, July 9, 2010

The Beach

We went to Corpus last weekend to celebrate my cousin's son's birthday and Landry's birthday. While we were there, all the relatives wanted to hit the beach. My dad, Chad, and I took the kiddos along for a little fun.
I didn't think Landry would love the sand, wind and water, but I was WRONG! She loved it as much as her big brother. Landry thought the beach was the greatest place on earth.
William and Chad braved the rough waters of the tropical depression while I stayed safely on land with Landry.Landry was fearless and would crawl after the waves straight into the water.Everyone kept having to rescue her from the water.There were over twenty of us and most of my immediate family wasn't even there!
Landry held her own with the boy cousins.
As I was trying to load the truck and get the kids cleaned up and in to dry clothes, their daddy was chasing crabs through the dunes.
Here he is with his prize catch.
Right before we left, we snapped this pic of Landry because I have almost the exact same picture of Chad and William at the same age.It is good we had a long drive home, because they needed the nap.

2 comments:

Aunt Debby said...

Love that first grouping of 4, Landry looks so cute in her swim suit and what a sweet brother to help her when the wave hit.

Lora said...

Fun times! I love Landry's swim suit. :) And that picture of Chad and Landry in the waves is precious!

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order