Two weeks ago we made a quick trip up to Abilene. We realized that we hadn't been since Landry was one month old and that it was Maw Maw's birthday, so we thought it was a good time to visit. We had a great time. First we went to the zoo. Abilene has the coolest zoo. We love the San Antonio zoo, but the Abilene has a leg up in several areas. A. They let you feed the giraffes by hand B. They are smaller and never crowded C. They have a white tiger and D. Their Lions are awesome - the male has a huge and very impressive mane that makes William so happy.
On this particular day it was snake feeding time. All the cages had dead mice, rats, and chicks in them which would normally be gross, but as the mother of a boy, I was thrilled. One of the snakes was in the process of eating his rat and most were out and moving all over the cage getting ready to eat. It was cool.
This is William's favorite snake - the King Cobra
It was a great trip and we really enjoyed catching up with everyone.
While I wrote this post, I was watching the kids take a bath. As I typed that last sentence I heard words that are dreaded parents everywhere..."Mommy, what is this floating in the bath?" For the first time in our history of parenthood, we had poop in the bathtub. Somehow we escaped this rite of passage with William, but leave it to Landry. Of course it wasn't anything I could scoop and flush, nope, it was everywhere and I was home alone. I'll spare the details, but it was a big disgusting hassle. Chad walked in as I was refilling the clean tub (of course) and he took over. That's my life.







1 comments:
Well...Haley, you can say your life is never boring! I laugh every time I read your posts. You should consider writing a book. You're a great writer, and so many moms could relate to the funny things that happen with your two kids!
Post a Comment