Miss Landry Beth now weighs 9 lbs 8 ounces and is 21.5 inches long. Not bad for two weeks (she was 8 lbs. 9 oz. and 20 inches at birth). The doc said she looks great and is doing fantastic. She is tracking us with her eyes and locking in eye contact and she has great control over her head.
William is still madly in love with her and I am now wondering if it wouldn't be a little easier if he liked her less. He smothers he with kisses and "accidentally" wakes her up so he can hold her. He is acting a little attention deprived, but he isn't taking it out on her, so that is good.
We are still on cloud nine about Chad passing his test on the first try. That is not a common feat in the therapy world and I couldn't be prouder. Now Chad's two years and 3,000 hours can begin. He will finish the hours in under two years, but that is the required amount of time before the state will hand him his full license. Now I have to live up to the bar he has set and pass the test on my first try too (I'm am more than a little nervous about that).
In other news...one of our fish (a Mollie) has been looking rather plump lately. This morning we awoke to find about 20 tiny fish in our fish tank. I was planning on leaving them to their fate in the big tank (forgive me PETA) but my mom came to their rescue and insisted I save them. She later retracted her statement and suggested that I flush them, but at that point William was hooked on the babies and I had already gotten them out of the tank. After a trip to Wal-Mart, we now have a second nursery tank and a bunch of baby mollies. I have no idea what I will do with all these fish if they survive, so if anyone needs some fish...they are free!
P.S. Landry gained that pound because she nurses CONSTANTLY. I love it, but it is making it difficult for me to reach the camera right at this moment, so I will try to add some pics tonight.
8 months ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment