Friday, June 13, 2008

eat out much?

I just took Will to wash and gas our car. Sixty-five dollars later (gasp!) I asked him if he wanted to go to Sonic Happy Hour. He immediately responded, "JUICE, JUICE!" and wouldn't stop (he is at that immediate gratification age). On our way to Sonic, we got stuck at a light and he changed his chant to, "EAT, EAT!" I looked over and saw that we were next to Chili's. I tried to reason with him that we were actually going there for dinner with youth group kids, but he was not satisfied. He yelled, "EAT!" until we pulled into Sonic and he started asking for, "Pepper?" in a really sweet voice. Does anyone remember when I used to make all of this child's baby food at home from organic ingredients?

4 comments:

Gail said...

First - way to go on knowing the letter "I" william...just a few more letters to go and you got your name down!

Now - Haley, I had to laugh at this post because you did get me hooked on organic foods and making his baby food - WHICH I AM VERY GREATFUL YOU DID! - but I had to let you know you are not the only one who has fallen a bit. Whenever we go through ANY type of drive through or sit down at any restruant...anywere...Kegan starts to go "frih frie" (french fry)..so this post made me feel better! :)

Gao;

Kelly said...

I do remember when you made the organic food...but I also remember when William couldn't climb over all of the furniture and set off any alarm within reasonable or unreasonable reach. I believe the boy needs some pepper...oh does that mean Dr. Pepper?

Ahh I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

yea i liked eating his organic stuff, he would always share with me, he felt bad if he was eating and i was just sitting there.

i put a new post on my site.

Audra Caldwell said...

Hey, To go along with the baby food to Dr. Pepper, don't worry we have all been there. I also wanted to tell you thanks for the popcicle and bathtub picks. I have to say I have never thought of it, and effeciency is the key:) Our William got a popcicle once in the tub, and now asks for one every time... what is he thinking:) Thanks for te idea.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order