Sunday, June 29, 2008

Body Parts

Today at church one of our elders (aka - one of Chad's bosses) stopped by our pew to say hello to Will. Of course Will wouldn't cooperate and be polite, he just stared at him instead. The elder eventually gave up on Will, greeted me, and then turned to introduce himself to a family behind us. Will took this opportunity to touch the man's bottom and say loudly, "Hiney, Mama, Hiney." He did it at least twice before I could grab him. I was trying so hard not to laugh that I just told the man that he was finally saying, "hi." This is a sweet man with a wonderful sense of humor and several grandchildren, but I still couldn't bring myself to tell him what had just occurred. Chad missed all of this because he had to serve communion, so I spent the entire first half of the worship service silently cracking up by myself. Our son may not always politely greet you, but he will certainly name your body parts.

4 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

That is priceless! And of coarse he said it to an elder! Thanks for sharing- I laughed out loud! =)

Gail said...

Hahah...don't kids just love to say the best things at the best moments...haha. Too funny!!!

SheridanLeftwich said...

My kids have embarrassed me many times with comments about body parts. Just recently Gates told my grandad that he had yellow teeth. I about died. Glad your back on the blogger.

Shannon said...

Marymae announced in a resturant on Friday that she had to go POOP! She was at one end of the place and I was at another. You know what else I hate is when they ask if a person is a boy or a girl and you can't really tell--and they have a name like Pat. So embarrassing.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order