So William and I were pulling weeds today (well, William was pulling grass and flowers, I was pulling weeds) and we came across what seemed to be onions. I have done some research online and come up with zero answers. My dear blogging friends, this is where you come in. Are these onions, leeks, garlic, ramps, or some toxic deadly weed? Are these edible? This is when my sister (Jessica) the Agronomy major / future plant breeding genius should come in handy.
P.S. I wouldn't normally let something get this tall, but they smelled great and were hidden between the garage and a fence.







3 comments:
They look like wild onions to me. We have all over our yard too. We've never eaten them.
those are scallions! You can eat them, the whole thing. Chop up the top and add them to baked potatoes, yummy...like a big chive.
Love Aunt Debby
Very cool! You should eat them. They are green onions I think. Definately good. What a treasure. God is so good!
Post a Comment