Tuesday, April 29, 2008

back to school, back to school...

I have entered back into the world of academics. After a year of reading Chad's books and watching classes with him from time to time, I decided that this was something I could do and should do. My parents graciously offered to add me to their never ceasing pile of tuition bills and so I am back in school. I am currently on a ten minute break from my first class and because I blog about everything - I thought I should fill you in.
Before you ask, let me answer your questions:
I am enrolled in a 60 hour graduate level Program for Marriage and Family Therapy.
I hope to have a practice with Chad YEARS down the road with both of us working schedules that allow us to continue to do what we do best - mommying and youth ministering.
The semester began this week because this school runs on a trimester system. Three semesters a year.
I watch my professor live via web cam. I can (and am expected to) communicate with him and the rest of the students through text, microphone, or webcam. I chose text because I like to work in my p.j.'s and it would be hard to wear a headset and listen for Will at the same time.
I have to write papers, take quizzes and tests, participate in discussion boards, and read the textbook just like any normal college class.
This is the exact same thing Chad is doing - he is just ahead of me. We are taking two classes together this semester (I skipped ahead on some classes).
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

SheridanLeftwich said...

Very exciting! It sounds like lots of fun. Especially since you and Chad get to do it together. Good Luck!!!

Cara said...

Awesome Haley! I know you will do really well!

The Johnsons said...

That is so exciting! What college are you going through?! Good luck with everything.

Haley said...

I taking classes through Amridge University in Montgomery, Alabama -It is a Christian School.

Shannon said...

Whoa. You are so much more energetic than I am. I think about going back to school and I get sick.

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order