Chad and I don't do anything the way that you are supposed to when raising an infant/toddler. I read all the books, we listen to the experts and then we do our thing. Somehow we ended up with a great sleeper (even though we did everything "wrong"). I am thinking about all of this because of the time change. It was bright and sunny outside this evening, but I could tell William was getting tired. I asked him if he was ready for bed and he said yes. We followed his routine, I laid him down, covered him up, and I haven't heard a sound since then. This is pretty much what every normal night is like. I won't lie and say that we won't hear him fuss a little once in the middle of the night, but that is usually it. I am breathing a giant sigh of relief that, at least in this case, not following directions worked out for us. P.S. He is pretty much great at everything, but the sleeping thing is awesome.
These other pictures are from McKinney Falls in Austin. The falls weren't really flowing like they usually do, but that worked out for William who enjoyed playing in the streams and water holes. We went to Austin with my parents to see Jason (who has moved there) and help him pick an apartment. We just ran up there Wednesday and then came home Thursday which happened to be the day of crazy weather (we ended up having to buy some more clothes).










2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe William says yes when asked if he actually WANTS to go to bed! I hope I am as lucky...or skillful! =)
I have to admit that I think he only says yes because he knows his binky is waiting in his crib - whatever works!
Post a Comment