Thursday, February 14, 2008

success and independence

At Wednesday night church my heart was singing by the time I got to class. Why? Two reasons...
1. Chad had thirteen kids playing basketball in the parking lot before church - that means not only did that many kids come (alot for our small congregation) but they came EARLY.
2. When I took William to the hallway that leads to his class he immediately handed his teacher her Valentines gift (just as I had instructed him) and then he walked away from me down to the classroom, pulled out his favorite chair, and sat down. He didn't even look back at me. This is a giant leap from the blood-curdling screaming, plastering himself to my legs, and chasing me down the hall. I guess he just decided it was time.
In other news, we had a great Valentines Day. Chad made me chocolate covered strawberries (my favorite thing on earth besides pizza) and gave me two presents, one from him and one from William. He may have been making up for absent-mindedly forgetting my birthday (until he saw a calendar at a meeting), but I will take gifts and kindness any way I can get it. He also came home early from the church to take us to lunch and the park before he had to leave for his rehab job. My sweet husband is working too much right now, but he is cutting back from the rehab center starting this week (yipee).
Happy Valentines Day! Hope you had a good one!

3 comments:

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

Hey Haley! I am on here as well! I just got it off the ground. Please stop by! http://macrutchfield.blogspot.com/

Haley said...

Mel, I can't find it. Is that the right address?

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

I think renamed it! http://ourloveisrocksteady.blogspot.com/

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order