Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Big Boy Potty

Tonight I undressed William in the laundry room (he was extra messy) and then told him to go sit on the potty before he took a bath. He ran straight to the bathroom and sat down. Here is where it gets exciting...HE WENT PEE PEE! I danced and cheered and gave him three mini M&M's. He laughed and laughed and then started signing and saying more, more. He was more concerned with the candy (I didn't cave in). I am not in any hurry to potty-train. I enjoy the convenience of not running to bathrooms in restaurants and stores or pulling over to get out the travel potty, but we will have to get there some day. I can also be a little tree-hugger-ish from time to time and I do feel a little guilty about all the diapers we are sending to the landfill. It may be months before he does it again, but I think he is getting the concept. He will even bring us a new diaper right before he needs to be changed (SOMETIMES) so he is getting there.

In other news, we are really enjoying Fredericksburg. I wish we lived there, but I like our current home and the drive from Kerrville is only 22 miles. William and I go with Chad to work on Tuesdays when I take him to Kindermusik and then we hang out in the apartment that the church gave us or we bug Chad and the church secretary. February has turned out to be the month for family visits. We had my family the first weekend, Chad's mom last weekend (although she was babysitting as a favor), Chad's dad and his wife next weekend, and Chad's sister and her husband the weekend after that. We are getting to catch up with everyone in one month.
Onto what you really came here to see...pictures...William loves to put his balls into his wagon and then move them around. In the one where he looks like Frankenstien, he is chasing our dog Papa and yelling, "Hug, hug, hug!" He eventually caught him, but I wasn't fast enough with the camera.

0 comments:

LANDRY BETH

William's Second Birthday

William's First Two Years in Order