Okay, not necessarily a 'normal' day, but we don't have many of those. This morning we just stayed around the house while I did laundry and William did things like climb behind the computer and flip the switch on the power cord (the picture shows him crawling out from back there). Next we ate lunch together at his tiny table. He is pretty insistent that I sit at eat with him at the table. Today we had chicken breasts and macaroni and cheese (which he ate with a fork). Next we took a nap. I was trying not to fall asleep, but he took so long to fall asleep (and I was laying with him) that it happened anyway. After William's nap I finally dressed him and then I left the room. A few minutes later I noticed that
the house was too quiet. Always a bad sign. I entered
the bathroom and
found William in this position. You can use the toilet in the background to figure out how high he is above the tile floor.
the bathroom and
found William in this position. You can use the toilet in the background to figure out how high he is above the tile floor. After rescuing my son, we went to pick up our friend Nicholas from school. His parents (Dean and Rachel) are working a lot lately, so I am making a few extra bucks filling in for them when necessary. 


This is William playing peek - a - boo with me while we wait in the forever long line at the school. Here's Nicky.
Next we battled the horrible Kerrville traffic (I am not being
sarcastic) to pick Natalie (Nicky's sister) up from school. After waiting in another horribly long line, I found Natalie and headed to the grocery store. I took three kids to the grocery store. I think I may have less children because of this event. Anyways, we eventually made it to their house where Nicky locked Natalie and I outside. After threatening to call his parents, we made it into the house and unloaded groceries.
Next we battled the horrible Kerrville traffic (I am not being
sarcastic) to pick Natalie (Nicky's sister) up from school. After waiting in another horribly long line, I found Natalie and headed to the grocery store. I took three kids to the grocery store. I think I may have less children because of this event. Anyways, we eventually made it to their house where Nicky locked Natalie and I outside. After threatening to call his parents, we made it into the house and unloaded groceries. 
Rachel was there, so I took William home for dinner (again at the small table) and then we made cookies. Here William waits patiently for the cookies to cook. The front of his shirt and his pants are covered with my apple juice. I answered the phone and he decided he should drink from my cup. After mopping that up. I distracted him with toys and eventually I wore him out. Now he is asleep (whoop!). Chad will get home at midnight and I usually can't fall asleep until then. I will be forced to watch every random National Geographic and History Channel show that comes on.
Tomorrow I am keeping two boys from another family and Natalie (all day). Word spreads fast.
Tomorrow I am keeping two boys from another family and Natalie (all day). Word spreads fast.








1 comments:
Congrats on the new jobs for both of you and good luck with everything. We will be thinking of you!
Post a Comment